Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant - Feast fit for a King!



When was the last time you have eaten in a buffet restaurant? For me, it was about 10 years ago. As I got older, I have been eating less (except for desserts!!!)  meats and other heart stopping and cholesterol raising food. 

front, red, vikings



















When Vikings opened at SM Megamall, I never had an interest of eating at this restaurant anytime soon, but every time my hubby and I, passed by at Vikings, I got curious about the big crowd waiting at the reservation area. I was thinking, is the food really that good?   For a person who's not a big eater, it's not a good idea to dine in a very expensive buffet.

Two days before my birthday, we were in the same mall, scouting  for a good restaurant where we can dine on my special day. As we approached Vikings, I noticed a standing poster board of the restaurant promos, one of them was a birthday promo. I inquired about it and I was told that celebrants can eat for free as long as they are accompanied by one full paying adult customer. They have to be at the restaurant on the exact day of their birthday and all they have to do is bring any government ID (birth date indicated) as a proof. Well, not bad, so we came back on the day of my birthday. Even though it's a Monday and past lunch time already when we got there, the restaurant was full. We waited for a couple of minutes before my name was called and luckily, since the main dining floor was full of diners, we were ushered into the VIP room (much better!). The restaurant was very big and spacious and  yet, almost all the tables were already occupied.

The Food


buffet, vikings

As I survey the buffet banquet, it made me forget that I'm watching my weight. I only ate a few (that is, no rice) I didn't even get to the other end of the buffet and I'm already full. 

beef, angus, vikings


vikings, buffet
plates, food, vikings































I made a pass on some of the mouth watering dishes that were on the buffet, but I cannot hold myself when it comes to dessert. Too bad, when I was about to go for ice cream, the banquet was already closed since it was almost 2:30 pm.


vikings, leche flan, sweets




Service

The staffs are very courteous, accommodating and always smiling. They entertain the birthday celebrants by singing and giving away mini cakes. I wasn't able to avail of that since my husband told them that I don't like the attention, so they skip our table.

Price

Now, I get it why dining at Vikings is expensive, they have a wide array of dish selections, from the fresh seafood,  to the best prime cuts of meat, not to mention the creativity and time consumed in making those fancy desserts. The regular price for a full paying adult ranges from P688 to P888, depending on the day and time of the week.

My Experience

I left the restaurant feeling so full and overwhelmed, that I didn't eat anything until the next day, I had this thought that I will never, ever, be good enough to be a Viking... because... I wasn't able to conquer it all, hahaha...I'll be back!
vikings, leftover, plates
my plate, contemplating on whether to finish off the  remaining beef

Want to dine like a Viking? Visit their website for more info on their rates and promos vikings.ph

source


Vikings  
4th Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, Bldg. D, SM Megamall, Julio Vargas cor. EDSA
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

  1. Hi Imee, musta na? No more latest post? Btw this place looks good. A must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecile, I'm ok, I'm still finding time when to write again, hopefully, soon. Thanks for dropping by😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what's on your mind, please don't forget to leave a message

Popular Posts