Will you be My Valentine?



valentine, date, pink

Have you ever been asked by someone to be their Valentine? February is here and love is in the air! I remembered years ago, every Valentine's Day, some of my male and married officemates would be curious on, who among us, single ladies, will be getting flowers on that day. I don't have any suitor or secret admirer during that time, so I already knew I won't be getting one. My friend Ana, who had a boyfriend who lives in the U.S, always get a dozen roses from him, every year without a fail. Some of my officemates were skeptical about their long distance relationship and thought it wouldn't last. Years went by, then one day, her boyfriend went back to the Philippines and asked her to marry him, of course, my friend Ana, said yes! They now live happily in Canada with their 3 grown-up kids. 


I have been asked to go on a blind date twice, and both were a disaster. The first date was with a geek guy who is a classmate in college of my friend. I hate blind dates, but my friend was so persistent that I go out with this guy, so I give in. We agreed to meet at a mall and decided to have dinner. He ordered spaghetti which was a bad choice, because while he was eating his pasta, some of the red sauce were all over his white shirt. It was a turn-off for me, but I kept my composure and still manage to engage in a conversation with him. Then he dropped the bomb, he said that he wanted to have babies! On our first date???? Right then, I wanted to call my friend and ask her, "what were you thinking setting me up with this guy?". too bad, cell phone wasn't in existence, yet during this time). Being the nice me, I stay put, finished the dinner and said good-bye to each other and that was it, no more second date for him.

I was in my 30's when a former officemate (let's name her "Happy") sets me up for my second blind date. She thought that I would be such a waste if I wouldn't get married. By that reason alone, I was already pissed at her, so I kept on saying no to her. After so many phone calls that I got from her, I finally decided to meet  his protege', lol... so we set a date for our first meeting. On the day of our date, "Happy" called me up that they will be a little late, so I decided to wait for them in my workplace. After waiting an hour, I decided to leave because I was the only one left in our office and it was already late. The next day, I got a call from the guy, saying sorry and asked if we can still meet, just the two of us, I said yes and we set a date again. Two days before our supposed date, I  got a text message from "Happy", asking me if I can move my date with his protege to a latter date. Hearing her intervention, made me a bit annoyed, so I said no and told her to forget about this blind date and I'm no longer interested. Then she texted me back "Don't dilly-dally, stop taking your sweet time, this might be your last train!" I was so shocked and offended by her message. So I replied to her, "I didn't ask for your help, I'm happy where I am now. If you're so interested with your guy, why don't you date him?, and that's the end of it. I never got to see the guy and second blind date never happened.

Being young and in love is a nice feeling but it can also be stressful especially if you're in a wrong relationship. You have to learn to love yourself first before you can truly love someone else. Don't fall in love for the wrong reasons... 

          just because all  your peers have partners... 
          just because your age is way beyond the calendar dates...
         just because of curiosity...

I believe that love comes from the most unexpected places. Maybe, he or she, is just right in front of you, and you weren't looking. If it's meant to be, it will happen, just have faith. 

Have you found the right one? coz' I do!

imeesignature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

Popular Posts