Beef Caldereta Recipe


 beef caldereta

Where’s the Caldereta mix? I asked the sales person as I was browsing the shelves in a supermarket. My husband requested for a Beef Caldereta for our Media Noche and I can’t seem to find that mix among the Del Monte mixes that I usually use in my recipes. I have started to wonder if everyone will be serving this dish for their New Year celebration. As much as I don’t want to use any other brand, I settled for the Knorr Kaldereta mix which is in powder form unlike the Del Monte brand. I haven’t used this mix before so I still add some tomato sauce to the recipe and to my surprise it turns out well.

Beef Caldereta

Ingredients:

500 gms. Beef Brisket
500 gms. Beef Ribs
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 medium challots, quartered
2 medium size potatoes, chunks
2 medium size carrots, chunks
1 red bell pepper, strips
2 laurel leaves
Knorr Beef Kaldereta mix (use only half of the mix)
1/3 cup tomato sauce 
4 tbsps. liver spread
1 siling labuyo or red chili
1/4 cup cheese cubes
green peas
cooking oil
water
olives (optional)

Directions:
  1. Fry the potatoes and carrots in a casserole, until slightly brown. Set Aside.
  2. Saute the garlic and some of the challots. Add the liver spread and beef, saute until brown.
  3. Add water to the beef. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat then simmer it until the meat is tender.
  4. Prepare the Kaldereta mix, then pour it over the stew. Simmer for 2 minutes.
  5. Add all the remaining ingredients (including the fried potatoes and carrots) and  simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
  6. Serve with rice.

Comments

Popular Posts