Hawaiian Chicken Recipe

sweet, saucy, chicken



















Have you noticed that most of my recipes are chicken? Well, I have a good explanation for this, when I was a kid, I had food allergies and chicken is one of the many forbidden food. Kids love fried chicken, so you can imagine the torture (hahaha…) I have gone through while I watched my siblings eating their fried chicken while I am having fruits and Pork floss (dried meat with a light and fluffy texture similar to coarse cotton) for lunch and dinner. When finally, my food allergies are over, I was already working. Every time we dine out at Pancake House, Jollibee and KFC, I would always order a 2pc. Chicken and rice, and my officemates we’re constantly wondering why I had this craving for chicken. So now you know why.

My featured recipe for today is Hawaiian Chicken and the reason I named it that way is because most of the ingredients in this recipe are excess from the Hawaiian Pizza I made a few days ago. Keep in mind that in all of my recipes, I'm cooking just for two, me and my husband, so If you're planning on using this recipe, just double the ingredients if you're cooking for a large number of people (sometimes it depends on how big their appetite are). 

Hawaiian Chicken

Servings: 2

Cooking time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:


3 pcs. chicken leg quarter (cut into 3 per leg)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
1/2 shallot, minced
1 shallot cut into quarters
1 small green bell pepper
100 grams Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
1/2 cup of Del Monte Tomato Sauce
2 tsps. Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups of water


Directions: 

  1. In a pan with hot oil , saute the onion, when it starts to sweat, add the garlic then followed by the chicken pieces. Saute it for a few minutes. 
  2. When the chicken meat turned a little bit brown, put water and let it boil for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. 
  3. Add the reserve syrup (from the pineapple) and tomato sauce, boil it for another 10 minutes. 
  4. When the sauce thickens, add the quartered shallot, green bell pepper and pineapple tidbits, saute for a few seconds, then turn off the fire.

imeesignature




This post is linked to Table for 7 , Simple life of a Fire Wife , Cooking Mimi

Comments

Popular Posts