My hubby recently got his blood Chem test and he was bothered that his LDL (the bad cholesterol) is a bit higher than the normal level. Well, aside from the fact that his family has a history of hypertension, he had been sneaking unhealthy food whenever we do our grocery shopping. To make him feel better, I cooked this special dinner and surprised him when he got home from work last Friday.
Roasted Chicken and Potatoes (Makes 2 servings)
2 pcs. chicken leg quarter (each leg quarter cut into 2 pcs.)
10 baby potatoes (halved)
3 celery stalks + leaves
1 big carrot (cut into chunks)
4 tablespoons Calamansi juice
Ground black pepper
1/2 of a medium onion, cut into 2 pcs.
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinate chicken with calamansi, pepper, Italian seasoning for about 30 minutes.
- Place the baby potatoes and celery stalks in the baking dish, sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Place the marinated chicken on top of the veggies.
- Drizzle the chicken and veggies with the olive oil.
- Place the dish inside the preheated oven (225C) for about 20 minutes .
- Reduce oven temperature to 200C, then add the carrots, onion and celery leaves, and bake for another 20 minutes or until done. Garnish with celery leaves on top before serving.