My Korean moment at "Sariwon Korean Barbeque"

Last Saturday, May 5, was my birthday. My hubby surprised me with a dinner at  Sariwon Korean Barbeque at The Fort. He knew that I really wanted to try some Korean dishes and even soju. (Oh, I remember, I had eaten bulgogi  before). I didn't expect that he'll bring me to an authentic Korean restaurant such as Sariwon.  
korean, restaurant

The place was packed when we arrived at around 6:30pm.  We were graciously assisted by Diana (one of the owners), with our orders while waiting for our table (her sister Donna also made sure that we enjoyed our dinner). As first timers, we decided to order the Galbi (pronounced as "kalbi" according to one of the staff), a juicy and tender marinated USDA beef short rib grilled at the table and Haemul Pajeon , a traditional Korean pancake, made with squid, shrimp, oysters and green onion. After a few minutes, there was a table for us. Upon seating, we were served barley tea, vegetable salad (I forgot to take a picture) and side dishes, my favorites are the sweetened pumpkin and anchovies.
Galbi, beef, korean
Galbi, served with bell pepper, garlic & mushroom... super tender and tasty
Haemul Pajeon, korean, pancake
Haemul Pajeon...yummy pancake

korean, side dishes
Side dishes...sweet pumpkin, spinach, kimchi, radish, anchovies  and bean sprouts
While the beef was being grilled, I noticed that it was a bit thick and I thought it will be tough to chew, to our surprise it was really tender and juicy. I wonder  how the beef was marinated. The Haemul Pajeon was also good and it has become my favorite, ever since I saw it on countless Korean TV shows and documentaries, I've always been intrigued how it tastes like. I never thought that veggies and seafood can be made into pancakes and be his good, I swear!!! The dipping sauce has just the right amount of sweetness that I like and it compliments the Pajeon...nice combination!  We also got a complimentary dessert called Shikhye, a sweet rice drink, it's quite refreshing to the palate after a meat dish, however, it's  a bit too sweet for me.

After all the "wows" and "manyaman" (delicious), we left the restaurant not with a heavy heart but with a heavy tummy...hahaha.... I'm sure we'll be back!

Sariwon Korean Barbeque
7th Avenue cor. 29th St.
Bonifacio High St. Central 
East Superblock
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Comments

  1. I love Korean food, chicken and seafood bulgogi is my fave...yummmmmmmmm, now am hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what's on your mind, please don't forget to leave a message

Popular Posts