Tuna Spaghetti with Mushroom on a Good Friday

pasta, tuna

I don't know what to cook for lunch today. All I have is leftover spaghetti noodles. Not much on my ref except for a few veggies. I wasn't able to do my groceries yesterday and the supermarkets are closed today due to the observance of Holy week. I checked on my pantry and found a can of tuna  and mushroom.  I thought, this is a good combination to make my own Lenten dish, I simply named it Tuna Spaghetti with Mushroom. If you're not really into tomato based sauce pasta, this dish is a good alternative.


Tuna Spaghetti with Mushroom

tuna, spaghetti, cooking

Ingredients:
  • 150 gms. cooked spaghetti
  • 1 small can of tuna flakes in vegetable oil
  • 10 pcs. of button canned mushroom, sliced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup green peas
  • Olive oil
  • a dash of salt and pepper
  • grated quick melt cheese (for toppings)
  • toasted garlic bread (leftover bread, spread with butter and sprinkled with garlic powder)
Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil in pan. Saute garlic and mushroom for a few seconds or until the sides of the mushroom turns a little brown.
  2. Add tuna (including the vegetable oil) , salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Add the cooked spaghetti, bell pepper and green peas, toss it for a while then turn off the heat.
  4. Place the cooked tuna spaghetti on a plate, top with grated cheese and put slices of garlic bread on the side.
Some ingredients may be substituted like the cheese, you may use Parmesan, it is much better than quick melt.
The result... A healthy dish for the Lenten season. It didn't come out oily as I thought it would be. Since it's canned tuna and veggies, cooking time is only a few minutes and the best of all, it's buonissimo.

Comments

Popular Posts