I don't know what to cook for lunch today. All I have is leftover spaghetti noodles. Not much on my ref except for a few veggies. I wasn't able to do my groceries yesterday and the supermarkets are closed today due to the observance of Holy week. I checked on my pantry and found a can of tuna and mushroom. I thought, this is a good combination to make my own Lenten dish, I simply named it Tuna Spaghetti with Mushroom. If you're not really into tomato based sauce pasta, this dish is a good alternative.
Tuna Spaghetti with Mushroom
- 150 gms. cooked spaghetti
- 1 small can of tuna flakes in vegetable oil
- 10 pcs. of button canned mushroom, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green peas
- Olive oil
- a dash of salt and pepper
- grated quick melt cheese (for toppings)
- toasted garlic bread (leftover bread, spread with butter and sprinkled with garlic powder)
- Heat olive oil in pan. Saute garlic and mushroom for a few seconds or until the sides of the mushroom turns a little brown.
- Add tuna (including the vegetable oil) , salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, bell pepper and green peas, toss it for a while then turn off the heat.