Sauteed String Beans in Oyster Sauce - Meatless Monday Recipe

vegetable, meatlessmonday, recipe




















My inspiration for this recipe was from a post that was shared on Facebook a few weeks ago, titled “Meatless Monday “. Nope, it wasn’t a blog hop or a linkup party but it is an International movement to help people reduce their meat consumption, to improve personal health as well as that of our planet. According to the group, the following are Key Benefits of Meatless Monday:

For your Health

For your Wallet
For our Planet
·         Reduce Heart Disease
·         Limit Cancer Risk
·         Fight Diabetes
·         Curb Obesity
·         Live Longer
·         Improve your diet

·         Cut weekly budget
·         Curb healthcare spending
·         Reduce Carbon Footprint
·         Minimize water usage
·         Reduce fuel dependence

images by Meatless Monday.com

Who wouldn't want to be healthy, save money and our Mother Earth? Maybe I should start this Meatless Monday habit. If you want to know more about their advocacy, please visit:  www.meatlessmonday.com 

Now back to my cooking. When I eat or cook vegetables, it’s usually paired with fried fish or added as garnish with other meats. I always felt weak or not satisfied with what I ate if it’s just veggies alone, I don’t know why. As I age, I became more health conscious and for health reasons, I started eating vegetables at home as well as when we're dining out. 

This recipe is so simple, easy to prepare and easy on the budget. It only requires short cooking time to retain the vegetables' nutrients.

Sauteed String Beans in Oyster Sauce

Serves: 2
Cooking time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 250 grams string beans cut to 1 ¼  inch
  • 2 small size tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 ½ tbsp. Oyster sauce
  • 2 cloves chopped garlic
  • ½ medium size onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. cooking oil
  • salt (optional)

Directions: 
  1. Heat oil in a pan.
  2. Saute garlic and onion for a few seconds or until the onion skin becomes transparent.
  3. Add the tomatoes, followed by the string beans. Saute then cover the pan.
  4. After a minute, lift the cover, when the liquid from the vegetables comes out, add the oyster sauce.
  5. Stir until the oyster sauce is mixed well with vegetables. Taste and add salt if necessary.
  6. Turn off the fire and transfer it   immediately into a serving dish so that it will not be overcooked.
Enjoy and Happy Meatless Monday!


blue, signature, heart












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

  1. I love the idea of a meatless Monday that doesn't involve fake meats. I wonder if I can find some my husband would eat. We will give this one a try for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he will like it. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what's on your mind, please don't forget to leave a message

Popular Posts