My thoughts on Miley Cyrus on VMA + the Wrecking Ball

I can't help but post this Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball video that everyone's talking about. After watching her VMA's controversial performance, my initial reaction was just like everyone else, Shocked and saying "what were you thinking?" I can't believe she's the same Miley I used to watch in Hanna Montana (hey, I may be old but I love watching Disney Channel). But I got over it, Miley was just doing what she's supposed to do, that is to perform for the audience and she did it well, leaving us in awe. I think Miley has matured a lot and became more daring when it comes to her career and probably her personal life too.  I don't want to give any unsolicited advice to her because she's old enough (she's 20 right?) to know what she's doing and it's her life. To be honest, I like some of her songs including that song from the VMA . Sometimes I think that her songs are just a reflection of how she really feels, just like the lyrics in her song "We can't stop" , I quote

Doing whatever we want 

This is our house This is our rules

And we can’t stop And we won’t stop

Can’t you see it’s we who own the night

Can’t you see it we who bout’ that life 

And we can’t stop And we won’t stop 

We run things Things don’t run we

We don't take nothing from nobody


And I couldn't agree more, go Miley!
                                        source YouTube

imeesignature


Comments

Popular Posts