Kitchen City Frozen Meals Review

During the lockdown a few months ago, we’ve done a lot of ordering our food via online instead of cooking.  It’s fast, easy and safer since we  don’t have to  go out to buy groceries and  also minimizes our contact with people to avoid getting the virus.  Among all those food deliveries that we’ve tried, our favorite is Kitchen City Frozen Meals.  There’s a lot of varieties to choose from, there’s Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish, Veggies, Pasta sauce and of course dessert. Their meals are very delicious and for me some of their dishes taste like “lutong bahay”.  Also, what  we like about it is that because it’s frozen,  you can keep the dish much longer (shelf life is indicated in the tub). We usually order food  from Kitchen City, good for a week’s worth of food. We just take it out of the freezer then reheat, no more food prep needed. It also helps a lot  that I don’t have to think  of what food to prepare for my husband’s “baon” at work.  Because of the pandemic, my husband no longer eats lunch outside of his work so he has to bring his own food.  I just ask him, “what do you want for lunch?”. He will just look at the menu and that’s we will order for his weekly baon for work.
Photo by Kitchen City

Since it’s just me and my husband at home, a buddy pack is the perfect size for us. But we usually ordered their Family Size, since a portion of it will be for my husband’s lunch at work.  If one of us likes a certain dish and the other one doesn’t like or eat that, then we just order a buddy pack.  Prices are very reasonable, the buddy pack is 300g (price starts at P135) while the Family size is 600g (prices start at P250).


We have ordered a lot from their menu.  and below are some the  meals that we have tried recently and those that are marked with "*" are our favorites (meaning repeat orders) and a must try:


*Pork Sinigang  - the broth is really good, just the right amount of sourness unlike when I use sinigang seasoning. I can’t tell if something was added into it. Best to reheat on the stove top.  Perfect meal for the rainy days.


Kitchen city
Ingredients are individually packed 
What's inside the tub- Pork, Veggies and Broth


Best to reheat using stove top


*Beef Tapa - my husband said that it reminded him of the beef tapa he used to eat when he was in school. I usually paired it with fried egg as per my husband’s request. 


*Seafood/vegetable Kare-Kare - We like both types of Kare-kare, even without the bagoong (provided when you order), this dish can stand alone. The taste is similar to that restaurant famous for its kare-kare.


*Beef bistek Tagalog- This one is really good, my husband's favorite. It's topped with big slices of onion and I reheat this also on stove top, It taste better rather than on the microwave. 


Pork KC Signature Hawaiian Baby back ribs - you can taste the sweetness of pineapple. Although it's not the fall off the bones kind of baby back ribs , we like really the taste and the big portions even though we just ordered a buddy pack.





Vegetable pinakbet- I like that it has  pork toppings slices. We eat this right away and can’t be stored that long in the freezer because some of the veggies were a little mushy after reheating.


 



*Chicken Tinola- my husband loves tinola and this is no exception, “sabaw pa lang ok na sya” as he commented on this dish.


*Ginataang Langka- this is my personal favorite. Since my husband’s is allergic to anything with gata, I can only order a buddy pack. Me, who grew up eating my mom’s (who’s a bicolana) cooking, this dish is really close to my heart. It’s a new twist to my mom’s cooking especially the pork toppings and just the right amount of “anghang” made me miss my mom’s cooking.


Pork Igado - I’m not familiar with Igado so I’m not sure what to expect with the taste. But this is one is a thumbs up for me in terms of taste and  “hindi sya tinipid sa ingredients (pork)”.


Kitchen City

  


*Frozen Leche Flan- I love Leche flan, period. This is one dessert that I don’t like sharing with others, hahaha!!!. Who wouldn’t resist this melts in your mouth creamy goodness. Just the perfect amount of sweetness. If I’m not pre-diabetic, I swear I can eat the whole can of this yummy dessert.



What made me a repeat customer, well aside from the delicious meals, their customer service is very prompt.  They are very active in answering any queries or concerns.  They will never make you wait that long for deliveries. I also love the fact that they lowered their delivery fee to P75 or sometimes they offer it for free (with a minimum purchase).

Recently, Kitchen City launched a loyalty program for their customers, where in  you can earn points for every purchase you made. 

For orders, you may check out their website at  https://kcfrozenmeals.com/  

Their cut-off time is 5pm for next day delivery.


If you like this post, you may subscribe to my blog here.

Comments

  1. Hunza is famed for its stunning landscapes, historic forts like Baltit and Altit, serene lakes including Attabad, and vibrant cultural heritage.What Is Hunza Famous For

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what's on your mind, please don't forget to leave a message

Popular Posts