I’m now officially a cat lady

It's been a while since I have written about my cat "Hidey" eversince my dog, "Pongo", died. A lot have happened during this past year and I'm happy to announce that Hidey is now a "Mom". She gave birth exactly a year ago, to four adorable kittens, we didn't know that she was pregnant during that time. A few weeks after Pongo died, she had been acting strange and her body seemed itchy all the time.  My brother thought that maybe she had fleas, so he bought her a flea powder but nothing changed. So I searched online about it and that's where I learned that she's ready to mate, OMG!!! We thought that since are no male cats within the our compound, it's impossible that she'll get pregnant, we were wrong...Two months had passed, after I returned from an out-of-town trip, Hidey was already missing. I thought she was just sulking because I wasn't giving much attention to her since I was very busy attending to my eldest brother's wake who passed away last year. Two weeks had passed and still no sign of her, until one day, she suddenly showed up infront of my door, meowing for food. So I gave her food, after that she suddenly disappeared and I can't find her again. My husband and I kept looking for her, since we felt that maybe she had already given birth. While we were cleaning our yard, we heard kitten meowing  that came from side of our door. When we  got there, we saw four dirty kittens living inside that small deep corner of our house. We managed to get all the four kittens out of it just in time before Hidey returned for her litters. I bathed all four of them, since they all look ugly to me at that time.It was only after a month that I learned that Hidey had two boys and two girls, we named them BLAKE "Big Boy" because he is the biggest of them all, BRAWN "Cry Baby" because he had always tears in his eyes, GREY "Shy", she is always alone and "Little Girl" Lily, she was very little compared to other kittens.

It was exactly a year ago, today is their birthday, they grew up healthy and good looking cats. They always run around (destroying my plants) and sometimes looking for prey (poor bird and  mice).

sibings, furbabies, adopt don't shop
I admit, I'm not a cat person, but having these cute little furries have made me turn into a proud cat lady  . . Meeoowww🐱



Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear what's on your mind, please don't forget to leave a message

Popular Posts